Tuesday 1 February 2011

My life in Pink







I bought myself some bedsheets a long time ago. The choice wasn't big, so I settled for “Strawberry”, perhaps reminded of the Beatles song “Strawberry fields”. And wouldn't it be beautiful to fall asleep every night in strawberry fields? After buying myself these pink strawberry-motifed bed sheets (the alternatives were Barbie and Manchester United), Ibu Nunik has ventured out on her own accord to buy more pink things for me. She must have decided that I was fond of pink. I now call myself also proud owner of a pink plastic book shelf and a pink plastic etagere in the kitchen which at the moment makes me happy because it is weighed down by some Christmas-special Guiness pack that, because it's past Christmas, makes me feel like I got it at a bargain price. Ibu Nunik also prefers to write messages to me in pink. I kid you not. I've added to my pink collection a set of guitar strings and a key fob which I go swimming with. And a pink bathroom door which I insisted must be installed after long negotiation with my new landlord.

No comments:

Post a Comment